What you should know before you book your Wedding band?
To book a band is not an easy thing. It is as important as any other vendor and it is one of the most critical, for the success of your wedding night! Most of the time you don’t know where to start! Here are some useful tips to help you start looking before you book your Wedding Band:
- Decide on the type of atmosphere that you want and the type of band that will help you to create your ideal wedding reception.
- Speak to your venue manager to make sure that they can accommodate the type of band you want
- Search Google for suitable bands or ask friends and family for personal recommendations.
- Ask to see the band live or watch a video of them performing before you book.
- Don’t go for the cheapest option. The band is not the best area to economize for your
- wedding. An inexperienced or “cheesy” band could ruin your wedding day.
- Book direct with the band to save agency commission and book early!
- Speak to the band manager. Do they seem efficient and reliable? If possible try to set-up a meeting in person!
- Check that the band has an adequate liability insurance certificate for their equipment.
- Check out the band’s testimonials and references. Are they from a reliable source?
- Prepare your own Logistics sheet with all contact details and directions to the venue.
- Make sure that the band is aware of the dress code for your reception.
- Look after your band and they will look after you!
- Enjoy your own wedding and dance the night away! Wedding guests are more likely to spend time on the dance-floor if they are joined by the Bride and Groom.